Thursday, May 20, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover-Newlywed Edition

Most people, when they get married typically get their cars decorated, right.!? Well we did too. Although by the time we saw the car it did not look like this it was a melted runny mess. I actually did not know what it looked like until Dawn posted pictures of it on her blog. The kids all told me that Chris was the one responsible for it, but I'm sure he had some help. . . Anyways the windows were so messy that I couldn't see out of them. Mark wanted me to drive but I said I would not until we went through a car wash-good luck-we had to travel over 30 miles to the nearest one. (I think I still have an Oreo cookie down in the crack by my windshield wipers. Maybe it will come in handy one of these days.)

Well, their adventures did not stop with the car. Nope. Not even close. When we arrived home from our honeymoon, it was very late or maybe even early early morning. We were tired and glad to be done traveling, but the house seemed different to me. To start, there was tin foil covering the entryway glass. Weird, I thought. Maybe Dad thought that would be an added safety measure since we were not home for all that time. Upon unlocking the door the strange russelling noise began. "Um, what is that? Mark why don't you go first-what is going on?" Well this is part of what we saw. . .

someone. . .or a bunch of someones. . . completely changed the look of our kitchen to a space age stainless steel kitchen. From our chandelier to our carpet, counter-tops to covered doorways. They covered everything. How could they have known I'd always wanted stainless steel appliances? (Loved that they covered the toaster cord too)



















Wow! We wandered through the house surveying the damage. Although the bulk of it was in the kitchen we found cupboards opened with sports balls all over the living room. Our T.V. was going to be a little difficult to watch with all that tinfoil on it. We were tired and determined that we would take care of it in the morning so we just went to bed.

More surprises in bed! We found little rolled up tin foil balls between the fitted sheet and mattress. Our sheets had been short sheeted too! (Mom, I heard that was your idea. . .) Luckily in the morning I also discovered on the night stand were loads of goodies to enjoy. (I heard that Braden wanted us to have something nice so he took it upon himself to gather us up some yummy treats leftover from the reception. Thanks Braden!!)

We woke up ready to conquer the tinfoil and found it was much more elaborate than we had originally thought. We kept finding tin foil everywhere (and still do actually). We opened the cupboard to get a drink and found this

Our silverware was also covered-each piece individually wrapped. (We didn't actually take the tinfoil off the silverware since we thought it would take way too long and besides, we got new stuff for our wedding. We just loaded up the silverware and put it in dad's new work office. Wonder if he's found it yet? :)
Breakfast anyone? Yeah, even the eggs inside the carton inside the refrigerator were covered in tin foil. I can't even imagine how long it took them to do this. It seriously must have taken all day. I mean it took the 2 of us 3 hours to unwrap most of it. We actually took a break in between to sculpt tinfoil clothing for each other. Project Runway, here we come!
Some of my favorite things they wrapped (which still make us laugh even as we write this) are the dishes in the dishwasher (which were dirty, by the way-YUCK! :)), my rock collection with each rock individually wrapped (and I have a lot of heart shaped rocks), the papers on our kitchen counter, the pens in the pen holder-all individually wrapped, the cupboard and drawer handles. I also kept finding little wadded up tin foil balls in everything for weeks to come, in our shoes and my coat pockets. I loved how they even wrapped the toilet paper roll but then re-wrapped it with the paper covering so you couldn't tell until you went to use it. I can't believe the effort and detail they invested in their prank! I don't know who had more fun-them wrapping it and imagining us finding it or us discovering it and having to unwrap it all. But hey, when we were done we had one way cool tin foil ball (and memories to last a lifetime-thanks!)

11 comments:

  1. you have such a creative family! How crazy is all that tin foil...

    Hopefully Mark was a good sport about it all.

    What a funny memory that will be.

    p.s. your cruise looked so fun! We never went on a honeymoon. sigh... I'm glad you guys had such a great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Not that I would know how entertaining this was in the first place, but it seems just as entertaining reading about it two months later! Someone sure had fun! ... Oh - and nice space suits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! What a great prank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny. Reading about it made me laugh so hard I cried. I love that you had fun with the prank and dressed up in the foil and made a ball out of it. That was one awesome prank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely {love} it!!!! Your family is ROCKSTAR STATUS with this unique idea!!!!! What fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hilarious! I loved hearing all about it! I also really love the outfits you made. They sure had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back to the blogging world! Love what your creative family did.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! What a great prank! Your family rocks! And can I hire them to pull pranks on my family? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of that elaborate of a prank before. I love it. And, you are/were such good sports about it. That's what makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post was HILARIOUS!!! I'm still laughing. And to think your family appears so mild mannered....! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats classic! Never heard of anyone doing this. We had rice in our car everywhere when we got back from our honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete