Sunday, February 10, 2013

Marks Roles

Besides the typical roles of a man in the relationship, here are a few others Mark has played or displayed in more abundance recently.

Comedian-he always makes me laugh, even when I want to cry. Lately I have to ask him to please not be funny or make me laugh because it usually results in a coughing fit, but truly I am thankful for his humorous way of dealing with my little slumps.

Daddy-One of the best things about finding out the sex of our baby was that we got to start using she when we prayed. I love hearing Mark pray with gratitude for our daughter and thank Heavenly Father that we are her parents. I kind of had the mind set that we were going to be her parents and that I was going to be her mother, but he prays thanking Heavenly Father that we already are.

I sometimes get a little anxious when I realize that in just a few months we will have a baby. I know, we have wanted and waited and prayed for this opportunity and responsibility for a long time, but when reality starts hitting a little close to home I get a little nervously excited. I often ask Mark, "are you nervous?" To which he always responds with a twinkle in his eye that he is not. He is excited. I cannot wait to see him hold our dear daughter for the first time. He is already so much in love with her.

Ambulance driver-Okay, not ambulance driver, although sometimes it has felt that I've needed one, but over the last 7 weeks, actually over the last 2+ years he had taken me to and from doctors appointments at all hours of the day and night. Even though he has been driving for years (and was a delivery driver for DHL for 10+ years) he continues to get better about going over bumps when my rib is dislocate, or I've just had some medical procedure or surgery. I don't particularly like doctors, or didn't (I'm getting better) and Mark had gone to every appointment with me.

Chef-He loves to watch the food network and has taken such good care of me-cooking often when I am too sick, too nauseous or too tired to cook.

I know I have said this before and I will say it again and again. I am so thankful for Mark. He is not perfect, but he is perfect for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment