Sunday, June 6, 2010

Charity 7, Mark 4. . .

. . .but who's counting :).














I apparently am a much better fishermen than Mark is.






Okay, okay to be fair Mark is the one who takes all the fish off the hooks. (I think he would probably be able to catch a lot more if I wasn't constantly yelling "Mark, Mark, I have another one, come help!") And if we were keeping score of how many fish we've cleaned the numbers would be in Mark's favor: Mark 13 Charity 0.

So I guess we make a good team. I catch and cook the fish. Mark cleans the fish and cleans up after dinner too. (I think I have the better jobs :))

We love the convenience of Dad's fishing pond. One Saturday we decided we wanted trout for lunch so we went down to the pond. In less than 1 1/2 hours we had caught 3 fish, cleaned them, cooked them, ate them and had the dishes done too! Now, that's my kind of fishing.








I thought I would spare you the sight of the actual cleaning because it can be a little bloody (but have you ever seen or better yet, touched a fishes lung sack? It is really cool!)














We're always trying to figure out new ways to cook them. So far we've tried several of different ingredients: lemon, lemon pepper, butter, garlic and teriyaki sauce, and have tried grilled on the BBQ and broiled. None of them have tasted anything but fabulous, but my favorite so far is still grilled with a teriyaki garlic marinade. Yumm!

When you coming over fishing? :)

2 comments:

  1. If I actually liked fish-- that would probably be fun! What a great meal it sounds like. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum - they're huge! And I'm not so sure why the count on the title didn't read Mark 13 - Charity 0 ...

    ReplyDelete