Thursday, July 11, 2013

Priorities

It is amazing how quickly my priorities have changed. Anything relating to Tayia trumps everything. Feedings, diapering, changing clothes (which yesterday that was 7+times), bathing, holding, snuggling, burping, playing, giving her tummy time, walking around and around the house (she doesn't like to sit much if she is awake and not eating)...it's amazing how quickly the day is filled with those activities. 

After her needs are met, and if there is more time, here is my list of priorities:

1.  Going to the bathroom and filling my water bottle (interesting how those two things go together, and crazy how it gets added to the list of things I get to do if there's time for it)
2.  Getting a shower and dressed for the day (before 8:30 is usually preferred)
3.  Eating breakfast, lunch and being able to fix dinner for Mark. (Don't look between the couch cushions-I keep a stash of snacks in case it is one of those crazy days.)
4.  Washing the dirty clothes (it seems like there are usually 3-4 loads every 2-3 days)
5.  Making our bed
6.  Exercising for at least 10-15 minutes 
7.  Folding clean clothes and putting them away (I'll admit somedays I'm lucky to get them washed so folding them and putting them away are the bonus)
8.  Dishes
9.  Garages emptied
10. Plants watered 

Today I got all the way through the list and its only 10:00 (okay I haven't eaten lunch or made dinner but I know what I'm making :)). I feel pretty productive when I can take care of my little miss and at least get through number 6 in a day. 

Here's some things I haven't gotten to since Tayia was born but I'm super excited to start on if I get a chance this afternoon:

1.  Vacuuming!  (My house has been vacuumed since she was born, but just not by me.)
2.  Dusting (same note as number one)
Floors mopped, bathrooms cleaned, microwave scrubbed, freezer defrosted, ... 
Who would have thought a person could be so excited about wanting to clean. 

And today I finally found a place she would nap without being held. 
They say you can't spoil a baby, but sometimes I admit I like to hold her when she naps. Truthfully, it's probably a good thing I like to hold her when she naps because she doesn't really like to be out down to nap. She'll wake up within 5-15 minutes if I lay her down to nap whereas if I hold her she might sleep for over an hour and a half. 

She slept peacefully for 45 minutes as the things on the list got done; the whole time I found myself watching her wishing I could be holding her.



No comments:

Post a Comment