Monday, September 5, 2011

Tomato, tomatoe, who wants some sauce?

Last year we had beautiful tomatoes. This year we have beautiful plants and a nice trellis for them to grow on. The weather has been so crazy and then we thought we planted Roma's and big tomatoes, but we got cherry tomatoes instead. (Do you know how many tomatoes it takes to make a salsa. . . A LOT!)

Luckily a friend told me about a couple who had some extra tomatoes they weren't going to be able to pick and said we'd actually be doing them a favor to pick them. 150 pounds of tomatoes later Cedelia and I both went home with plenty of tomatoes. We've been enjoying salsa once again, and I have been making freezer tomato sauce like crazy. So far I have 9 3-4 cup bags with another one or two bags worth on the stove. Yumm! I love homemade tomato sauce!  Still looking for more tomatoes though.  Next year I'm planting more!


1 comment:

  1. Wow - I'm impressed! Be sure to make enough to hold up your end of the bread/salsa exchange bargin - I love your salsa!

    ReplyDelete