Sunday, January 16, 2011

The moral of the story is. . .

When Mark and I told my sister we were going to a hockey game she said, "oh how fun. We haven't done that since we were married." We hadn't either :).

With perfect seats on the last row of the stadium we enjoyed shot attempt after shot attempt as we overlooked the goal. The American's team missed 45 of the goals they attempted. The "orange team" (you would think I would know who they were after watching them for 3 hours) missed 23 of the goals they attempted. That is why I love the next picture. The Americans won 7 to 3. They had double the shot attempts and more than double the score. The moral of the story is the more shots you take in life, the better your chances of winning.

I realized something about myself during the game too. Hockey is actually a sport where I watch the game more than I do the crowd. Don't get me wrong I still watch the crowd too. For example: I knew the lady in front of us was holding a girl that wasn't her child. She looked like she was trying too hard. Later when the real mom came and got her child my impressions were confirmed. I also watched one man write a check to his brother-in-law for $100. I think his brother-in-law must have bought his family the tickets, but I'm not sure why they included an extra $20. They must have had 3 cars too. The wife and the baby left after about 40 minutes then the dad and another child left 15 minutes before it was over, then the brother-in-law and his 2 girls left at the end. (I know you really don't care, but I love figuring out peoples stories in a short amount of time :)). That's not all I learned about my neighbors, but even with all that I really did watch the game!
The next night we even enjoyed free hamburgers from Burger Ranch because our team had made over 5 goals. We felt slightly underdressed redeeming our coupons and slightly in the wrong age bracket. Most of the people in the restaurant were still wearing their Am's jerserys and were over the age of 65. I felt more lacking in team spirit at the restaurant than I did at the game! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures of you & Mark! Love the description of the game and your neighbors. I think sports would be so boring to watch without the fans themselves to watch as well!

    ReplyDelete