Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Frosty I and II

One of my favorite things to do is build a snowman with the first snowfall.  It doesn't matter how much snow, or how little.  It doesn't matter if it is packing snow or if I have to pile it to make my snowman. 

The first snow this season left me working hard for my snowman. In fact, if you look closely the snowman even has a dandilion necklace-nice touch, I know.  As you can see there wasn't a lot of snow and making this snowman also doubled for raking the leaves I believe. :) 
Here is my partner in crime.  (Look at all that green grass behind him.)  I love building a snowman because then when all the snow in the yard has melted there is still a small pile where the snowman once stood.  It makes me smile. 

Our second snowman of the season was much much better!  I thought I got a picture of it too, but I can't seem to find it, so you'll have to just imagine it.  At the end of our driveway we have several large boulders making the driveway narrower so we get less traffic to the house.  I had the brainstorm to use one of the rocks as the first snowball for our snowman, covering it with snow and making it look like a giant snowball.  Then Mark and I both made a big snowball and somehow managed to get them on top of the rock.  When the snowman was finished, he was a snowgiant-towering over Mark's head!  Next year I want to make a snowfamily on several of the rocks at the end of the driveway.  If we thought we got a lot of comments on our snowmen this year, just wait until next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment